Surimi Tostadas with Pineapple Salsa
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 tsp taco seasoning mix
- 420g can corn kernels, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander
- 4 tortilla wraps
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- 1 avocado, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup can pineapple, drained, chopped
- 400g Shore Mariner Surimi Crab Premium Salad Mix, shredded
- 150g sour cream
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp taco seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
How to use Leftover Tortillas
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan on high. Add the onion, garlic and capsicum, cooking for 3 or 4 minutes until soft. Stir through the taco seasoning, then the corn, browning slightly. Transfer to a bowl, fold through the chopped coriander and set aside.
2. In the same pan, brown the tortillas on each side until just crispy.
3. For the sauce, combine the sour cream, zest, juice, seasoning and coriander in a small bowl. Season to taste.
4. To serve, place a tortilla on a plate. Spread the corn mixture, top with lettuce, avocado, pineapple, surimi, a dollop of sauce and sprinkle with extra coriander.
Tip: Store your lettuce in a crisper or airtight container and it will stay crisp and fresh.