Lemon Garlic Fish with Rice Salad
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest, plus lemon wedges, to serve
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- 4 Tarakihi fillets
- Rice Salad
- 1 cup brown rce
- 3 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 1 small red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
How to Tell When Fish is Cooked
1. Cook rice according to packet instructions until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water and drain again. Set aside to cool completely.
2. To make the salad, combine rice, celery, capsicum, parsley and walnuts in a large bowl. Toss to combine. Whisk oil, juice and garlic in a small jug. Pour over the salad and toss to coat. Arrange on a plate.
3. For the fish, combine zest, lemon juice, garlic, paprika and oil in a shallow bowl. Add fish to the mixture. Turn to coat.
4. Heat a large oiled frying pan over a moderate heat. Cook fish for 2-3 minutes each side or until just cooked.
5. Serve fish over salad, with lemon wedges on the side.
Tip: The acid in the lemon will start to cook the fish while standing, so don’t leave fish to marinate in the lemon mixture.