Easy Fish Burgers
- 4 pieces frozen crumbed fish fillets
- 4 burger buns, split, lightly toasted
- Butter, for spreading
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 gherkin, finely chopped
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon, 2 tsp lemon juice plus extra lemon wedges, to serve
How to Use Leftover Burger Buns
1. Heat the oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced), grease and line a medium sized baking tray.
2. Place fish on baking tray and cook for 25 minutes, turning halfway through until golden and crispy.
3. To make the sauce, combine the yoghurt, spring onions, gherkin, lemon zest and lemon juice in a small bowl. Season to taste.
4. Spread burger buns with a little butter. Place lettuce on the base of each roll. Top each with a piece of fish and a spoonful of sauce. Top with lids. Accompany with cooked potato wedges, if desired, and lemon wedges on the side.
Tip: Mix leftover yoghurt with sour cream or mayonnaise to make a salad dressing.