Homemade Hash Browns with Avocado and Hot Smoked Salmon
- 2-3 medium potatoes
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced, plus extra to serve
- 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- Oil, for frying
- 4 Tbsp sour cream
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 avocado cut into thick slices
- 200g Regal Hot Smoked Salmon Portions, broken into chunks
- Chilli flakes, to garnish
How to Use Four Sides of your Grater
1. Peel the potatoes and grate onto a thin, clean tea towel. Over the sink, wrap and twist the tea towel to squeeze liquid out of the potatoes. Transfer into a bowl and add the spring onion, parsley and salt. Mix well.
2. Heat 2cm of oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan over a medium heat. Drop cup servings of the potato mix into the hot oil and spread mixture to 1cm thick. Fry until golden, approximately 4-5 minutes either side. Drain on paper towels and keep warm until ready to serve.
3. In a small bowl, mix the sour cream with the lemon juice.
4. To serve, place hash browns on each plate and top with the avocado, smoked salmon and a dollop of lemon sour cream. Garnish with the reserved spring onions and chilli flakes.
Tip: Use the leftover sour cream by mixing with yoghurt or mayonnaise to make a salad dressing.