Crispy Sesame Salmon Skewers
- 500g boneless salmon fillets, cut into 3cm cubes
- ¼ cup miso paste
- 8 bamboo skewers
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp peanut oil
- 1 avocado, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice plus lemon wedges, to serve
1. In a shallow dish, toss salmon pieces with miso paste to coat. Thread 3 pieces onto each bamboo skewer.
2. Spread the sesame seeds onto a plate. Holding the skewer, dip salmon into sesame seeds on two opposite sides.
3. Heat oil in a large frying pan or barbecue plate on high. Cook skewers, sesame side down, for 2 minutes each side. Reduce heat to medium and cook for a further 2-4 minutes, turning occasionally.
4. To make the salsa, mix avocado, spring onion and lemon juice together in a small bowl. Season to taste.
5. Serve skewers with salsa and lemon wedges on the side.
Tip: Soak bamboo skewers in water for 10 minutes before using, to help prevent scorching during cooking.