Potato and Kumara Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
- 4 washed medium potatoes, unpeeled, diced
- 1 medium kumara, peeled, diced
- 150g green beans, trimmed, sliced diagonally
- 2 spring onions, sliced diagonally
- Honey Mustard Dressing:
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to Speed Up Dinner Prep
1. Boil vegetables separately until just tender (potatoes for 15 minutes, kumara for 10 minutes and beans for 3 minutes), then drain. Place potato and kumara in a large bowl and leave to cool. Rinse beans under cold water, drain again and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the honey mustard dressing. Whisk until well mixed.
3. Add beans, spring onions and dressing to the bowl with potato and kumara, toss gently to combine, and serve.
Tip: Green beans are a perishable vegetable, so eat them within a couple of days of buying them. You can blanch and freeze any leftovers in an airtight container, to be used for cooking.