Chicken Skewers with Lemon Couscous
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- 500g boneless chicken thigh fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 courgettes, cut into 1.5cm rounds
- 1 red capsicum, cut into 2cm pieces
- 8 bamboo skewers
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice plus wedges, to serve
- 100g baby rocket leaves, shredded
How to Chop Herbs
1. Combine garlic, dried oregano and half the oil in a large bowl. Add chicken and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper and set aside for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cook couscous according to packet instructions, until liquid is absorbed. Using a fork, fluff and separate the grains.
3. Thread chicken, courgette and capsicum onto bamboo skewers, alternating ingredients as you go. Heat a barbecue or chargrill pan to high. Cook skewers, turning, for 6-7 minutes, or until browned and cooked. Transfer to a heatproof plate, cover with foil and rest for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh oregano.
4. Add remaining oil, lemon juice and rocket to the couscous. Stir to combine.
5. Serve skewers with couscous and lemon wedges on the side.
- To prevent bamboo skewers from burning, soak them in cold water for 10 minutes before you assemble them.
- Store rocket and other salad greens in airtight containers in the fridge to stop them going slimy.