Honey and Garlic Chicken with Chargrilled Vegetables
- 700g chicken nibbles
- ½ cup store-bought soy, honey and garlic marinade
- 2 Tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 3 courgettes, sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup mint, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Moroccan seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line a large baking tray with tinfoil. Place a greased rack over the tray.
2. Place chicken and half the marinade in a large bowl. Toss to combine and place in a single layer on the rack. Bake, basting with remaining marinade, for 20 minutes or until cooked.
3. Meanwhile, heat a chargrill plate or barbecue over a high heat.
4. Place half the oil, capsicum and courgettes in a large bowl. Toss to coat and season to taste.
5. Cook courgettes and capsicum on the grill plate, in batches, for 4 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a heatproof bowl, add tomatoes, onion, mint and parsley.
6. Whisk lemon juice, Moroccan seasoning and remaining oil in a small bowl. Add to courgette mixture and toss to combine.
7. To serve, place vegetables on a platter with chicken on the top.
Tip: Tomatoes should be stored at room temperature. Storing them in the fridge affects their flavour.