Crumbed Fish with Chilli Mayo
- 650g pumpkin, unpeeled, cut into thin wedges
- 3 large potatoes, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 3 tsp vegetable or olive oil
- 3 cups cornflakes
- 3 egg whites, lightly whisked
- 200g green beans, trimmed
- 450g firm skinless boneless white fish fillets, cut into 10cm pieces
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup sweet chilli sauce
- 1 ⁄3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
How to Chop Herbs
1. Preheat oven to 240°C (220°C fan-forced). Line two large baking trays with baking paper.
2. Place pumpkin and potatoes in a large bowl. Add oil and toss to coat. Spread over one of the prepared trays. Bake for 10 minutes, turn, then bake for another 10 minutes or until golden and tender.
3. Meanwhile, place cornflakes in a blender and process until they resemble breadcrumbs. Pour into a shallow bowl. Pour egg whites into a separate shallow bowl.
4. Dip each fish fillet into egg, then cornflake crumbs. Place on remaining prepared tray. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden and cooked.
5. Meanwhile, cook beans over a high heat in a medium-sized saucepan of boiling salted water for 2 minutes or until just tender. Drain and season to taste.
6. To make the dipping sauce, whisk sweet chilli sauce and mayonnaise in a bowl.
7. To serve, place vegetables on a large platter with fish placed on top and chilli mayonnaise on the side.
- Waxy potatoes are best for this recipe
- If you have cornflakes that have gone stale, toast them in oven to give them back their crunch.