Nicoise Salad with Hot Smoked Salmon
- 12 baby potatoes
- 4 eggs
- 150g green beans, trimmed
- 2 x 180g packets Ocean Blue Hot Smoked Salmon
- 250g cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup seeded Kalamata olives
- 150g mixed salad leaves
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Crusty bread, to serve (optional)
1. Place potatoes in a medium-sized saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil on high. Cook for 12-15 minutes until tender. Drain, and leave to cool.
2. Place eggs in a medium saucepan. Cover with water then bring to a boil on high. Cook for 4 minutes, adding beans after 2 minutes. Drain and refresh in cold water.
3. Peel eggs and cut into quarters. Transfer to a large bowl with remaining salad ingredients. Flake the smoked salmon into bite-sized pieces and toss the ingredients together.
4. In a screw-top jar, combine all the dressing ingredients. Season to taste.
5. Drizzle dressing over the salad just before serving. Accompany with crusty bread, if desired.
Tip: If you don’t have baby potatoes, quarter medium-sized new potatoes.