Warm Roast Carrot and Brown Rice Salad
- 1 cup brown rice
- 4 large carrots, cut into wedges
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- ½ tsp ground chilli
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 100g feta, crumbled
- ½ bunch mint leaves, to serve
How to Speed Up Dinner Prep
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
2. Cook rice according to packet instructions and leave to cool slightly.
3. Meanwhile, in a large baking dish, combine carrots and onion. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the oil and the honey. Mix gently and spread into a single layer. Sprinkle with chilli and season to taste. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until vegetables are tender and lightly caramelised.
4. In a medium-sized saucepan, bring salted water to a boil on high. Add broccoli and boil for 2 minutes. Drain well.
5. Transfer rice and broccoli to a large bowl with carrots and onions. Stir vinegar and remaining oil through. Sprinkle with feta and mint leaves, to serve.
Tip: You don't need to peel carrots - just give them a good wash before using.
* Check your vinegar is gluten free