Chilli Prawn, Potato and Courgette Salad
- 500g baby potatoes
- 500g courgettes, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, quartered
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 20g butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1kg large prawns, peeled, deveined, tails on
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 100g rocket
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
1. Place potatoes in a medium-sized saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil on high. Reduce heat and simmer for 12-15 minutes until tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
2. Preheat a large chargrill pan on high. Place courgettes and capsicum in a large bowl with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, and toss to combine. Grill in batches for 1-2 minutes each side until tender and grill marks appear. Set aside. Repeat with potatoes.
3. In a medium-sized frying pan, heat remaining oil and butter together over a medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add prawns and cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes until cooked through. Drain on a paper towel.
4. In a jug, whisk mayonnaise, sweet chilli sauce, lime zest and juice together. Season to taste.
5. In serving bowls, combine courgettes, capsicum, potatoes and rocket. Top with prawns, then drizzle dressing over just before serving.
- If you don’t have baby potatoes, you can quarter medium-sized new potatoes.
- Store potatoes away from onions. Storing them in the same place will cause them both to sprout faster.
* Check your chilli sauce is gluten free
• Energy 2269Kj • Protein 58g • Total Fat 22g • Saturated Fat 5g • Carbohydrates 26g • Sugars 13g • Sodium 1731mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.