Caesar Salad with Prawns
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 6 anchovy fillets, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup natural yoghurt
- 90g fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 lean bacon rashers, rind removed, chopped
- 20 Sea Cuisine Raw Prawn Cutlets, defrosted
- 1 baby cos lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, thinly sliced/ flaked
1. Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced). Place bread, in a single layer, on a large baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and crisp. Leave to cool. Break bread into 2cm pieces.
2. Meanwhile, to make the dressing, use paper towels to pat oil from anchovies. Blend or process half of the anchovies, egg, yoghurt, ricotta,lemon juice, mustard and garlic for 1 minute or until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat oil in a small frying pan over moderate heat. Add bacon and cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Add prawns to pan and cook for 1 minute each side or until cooked.
4. Combine lettuce, Parmesan, bread, bacon and remaining chopped anchovies in a large bowl. Divide salad among serving plates. Serve topped with prawns. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with pepper.
Tip: Use leftover ricotta in a frittata, add to scrambled eggs or use as spread on toast.