Cheese and Dill Blini with Smoked Salmon
- 3/4 cup self raising flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill leaves plus extra, to serve
- 30g butter, melted
- 1/2 cup light cream cheese
- 100g Ocean Blue Smoked Salmon Slices, roughly torn into long slices
- Lemon wedges, to serve
1. Sift flour into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre.
2. In a jug, whisk together milk and egg. Season to taste. Gradually whisk milk mixture into flour to make a smooth batter. Stir in cheese and 2 tablespoons of dill. Cover and set aside for 20 minutes.
3. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Brush with butter. Drop teaspoonfuls of batter into the pan in batches, allowing room for spreading. Cook for 1-2 minutes until
bubbles appear. Turn and cook for 1 minute until lightly browned. Transfer to a rack to cool. Continue with remaining batter.
4. When ready to serve, spread blini with cream cheese. Top with a slice of smoked salmon, extra dill and black pepper, with lemon wedges on the side.
Tip: If you can’t find dill, substitute this with chopped parsley.