Chocolate Chunk Easter Egg Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 185g unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- 100g white chocolate, chopped
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 egg, plus 1 additional egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Chopped caramel-filled mini Easter eggs, to decorate
3 Ways to Separate Eggs
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Lightly grease and line 2 oven trays with baking paper.
2. Sift combined flours into a large bowl. Stir in caster sugar, brown sugar, butter, chocolate, egg, additional yolk and vanilla to form a dough.
3. Roll heaped tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls. Arrange evenly on trays about 4cm apart (to allow for spreading). Flatten slightly with the clean, floured palm of your hand.
4. Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden. Top hot cookies with chopped Easter eggs and press gently into each biscuit. Cool completely on trays. Store in an airtight container