Easter Egg Self-Saucing Puddings
- 60g unsalted butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 Tbsp cocoa, plus 1/4 cup extra
- 1/2 cup milk
- 250g caramel-filled mini Easter eggs plus extra, to serve
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- Whipped cream, to serve
- Sifted cocoa, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Lightly grease 4 x 1-cup oven-proof dishes. Place on an oven tray.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar together until creamy. Add egg and beat well. Beat in vanilla.
3. Sift flour and cocoa in a small bowl.
4. Using a large metal spoon, fold sifted flour and cocoa into creamed mixture, alternating with milk. Fold through until just mixed.
5. Spoon chocolate mixture evenly into each dish. Press half the caramel eggs into the mixture.
6. In a small bowl, combine sugar and extra cocoa. Sprinkle evenly over mixture, between each dish.
7. Slowly pour boiling water over the mixture in each dish and bake for 25-30 minutes.
8. To serve, top each pudding with whipped cream, extra broken caramel-filled Easter eggs and sifted cocoa.
Tip: You can use oven-proof teacups if you don’t have small oven-proof dishes