Jerk Salmon with Yoghurt Potatoes
- 8 baby potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup firmly packed Italian parsley
- 1/3 cup firmly packed coriander
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Atlantic Salmon Fillets
- ¼ cup Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
1. Place potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil on a high heat. Cook for 12-15 minutes until tender. Drain, and cover to keep warm.
2. Reserve 1 tablespoon each of the parsley and coriander. Process remaining herbs with pepper, chilli, allspice, garlic, ginger, lime juice and oil. Season with salt.
3. Pour half the herb mixture over the salmon in a medium bowl. Stand for 5 minutes.
4. Cook salmon in a heated medium-sized frying pan, for 2 minutes each side or until just cooked through.
5. Combine potatoes with yoghurt, shallots and remaining herb mixture.
6. Serve salmon with lime wedges and potatoes on the side, and sprinkled with reserved herbs.
Tip: You can substitute ground allspice with 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves and 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg.