Caramel fudge sundae
- 30 g butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup golden syrup
- 2/3 cup cream
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 8 scoops vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- 2 Tbsp crushed nuts, to serve
- 30 g flaked milk chocolate bar, crumbled, to serve
1. Combine butter, sugar, golden syrup, cream and vanilla essence in a medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat until melted and well combined. Bring mixture to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring, for 5-6 minutes or until the mixture thickens slightly. Transfer to a medium heatproof bowl. Cool for 5 minutes at room temperature. Cover mixture with plastic food wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
2. To serve, place ice-cream in serving glasses. Drizzle sauce over ice-cream, sprinkle with crushed nuts and flaked chocolate.
Tip: You can make caramel sauce up to 3 days ahead and store n the fridge