Chocolate panna cotta
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 60 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 tsp caster sugar
- 3/4 tsp gelatine
- 1 Tbsp boiled water
1. Lightly grease two ½ cup capacity moulds. Place on a tray.
2. In a small saucepan, combine cream, milk, chocolate and sugar. Stir over a low heat until melted and smooth (do not boil).
3. In a small jug, whisk gelatine briskly into boiling water, until dissolved. Cool slightly. Blend into cream mixture.
4. Divide mixture evenly between prepared moulds. Chill, covered, for 3 hours or overnight, until set. Serve with chocolate hearts.
Tip: to make chocolate hearts melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, transfer to a piping bag and pipe heart shapes onto baking paper. Place in the fridge to cool for 10 minutes.