Bacon crumble with cheese toasties
- 400 g can butter beans, rinsed
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 rindless bacon rashers, chopped
- 2 tsp vegetable or olive oil
- 8 slices thick white bread
- 4 slices tasty cheese
- cooking oil spray
- 1/3 cup Italian parsley
1. Preheat oven to 240°C (220°C fan-forced). Combine butter beans, tomatoes, bacon and oil in a roasting dish. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until bacon is crisp and tomatoes soften.
2. Meanwhile, preheat a sandwich press. Using an 8.5cm heart-shaped pastry cutter, cut 8 hearts from bread slices. Using a 7.5cm heart-shaped cutter, cut 4 hearts from the cheese slices.
3. Sandwich each cheese heart between 2 bread hearts. Spray hearts with oil. Toast in sandwich press or in oiled frying pan (turning once) for 5 minutes or until golden.
4. Remove bacon mixture from oven. Stir in parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Serve bacon mixture with cheese toasties.
Tip: If you don’t have heart shaped cutter you can draw a heart shape on lunch paper, cut it out and then use it as a stencil instead.