Lemon and Herb Stuffed Chicken
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 1 Tbsp chopped basil, plus extra to serve
- 1 Tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil, plus 1 Tbsp for potatoes with pancetta
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Zest of 1 lemon, finely grated, plus zest of 1 other lemon for potatoes
- 4 chicken breasts, skin on
- Potato with pancetta ingredients
- 400 g baby potatoes, washed and sliced
- 4 slices pancetta or rashers of bacon, roughly chopped
- 2 shallots, diced
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place breadcrumbs, Parmesan, basil, parsley, half of the oil, mustard and zest in a food processor or blender. Process until well combined.
3. Press mixture under skin of chicken breasts, using a teaspoon.
4. Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan on high. Cook chicken, skin-side down, for 2-3 minutes. or until golden. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through.
5. Meanwhile to make the potatoes, heat oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Add potatoes and cook for 4-5 minutes each side until golden and tender. Add pancetta or bacon and shallots and cook for 2-3 minutes or until pancetta or bacon is crisp. Stir zest through.
6. Serve sliced chicken over potato mixture. Garnish with basil leaves.