Steak with jalapeno butter
- 4 beef steaks
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, plus 1 Tbsp extra
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 100g butter, softened
- 2 jalapeño chillies, seeded, coarsely chopped
- Salt, to season
- Pepper, to season
- 4 corn cobs, husk and silks removed
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Salad, to serve
1. In a large bowl, toss steak with oil, garlic powder and smoked paprika. Season, then set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes.
2. In a small food processor, pulse butter and jalapeños with salt until combined. Set aside.
3. Preheat a barbecue or grill pan on high. Brush corn cobs with extra oil, then barbecue or grill for 10-12 minutes, turning, until tender. Transfer to a plate and season to taste, then cover with foil.
4. On the same barbecue, cook steaks for 2 minutes each side or until cooked to taste. Transfer to a plate and rest for 2 minutes, loosely covered with foil. Serve steaks with corn cobs, jalapeño butter, lime wedges and salad.