Minted Beef Kofta with Tomato Rice
- 500g beef mince
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup finely chopped mint, plus ¼ cup leaves, to garnish
- Pepper, to season
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp mixed spice seasoning
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 400g can diced tomatoes with basil and herbs
- 1 ½ cups water
- 200g green beans, trimmed
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2/3 cup greek-style natural yoghurt
How to chops herbs
1. Preheat an oven grill to medium. Combine mince, ²/3 of the spring onion and chopped mint in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Divide mince mixture into 8 equal portions. Firmly shape each portion around a skewer, forming a log shape. Place koftas on a greased baking tray. Grill for 10 minutes or until browned and cooked turning once.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add mixed spice, cook stirring for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add rice and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes and water. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until liquid has been absorbed and rice is just cooked.
3. Cook beans in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 2 minutes or until tender.
4. Combine zest, juice and yoghurt in a small bowl.
5. Spoon tomato rice and beans onto serving plates and top with koftas. Sprinkle with extra spring onion, and mint leaves. Serve with lemon yoghurt on the side.
Tip: You can also try chicken, lamb or pork mince instead of beef mince.
*Check your mixed spice is gluten free.