Corn, Bacon and Courgette Rice Slice
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup cooked long grain rice
- 2 courgettes, grated
- 420g can corn kernels, rinsed and drained
- 4 rashers bacon, rind removed, diced
- ½ cup grated tasty cheese
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt, to season
- Pepper, to season
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Lightly grease and line a 20cm square pan with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and rice together. Squeeze excess moisture from the courgettes. Add courgettes, corn, bacon and half of the cheese to the egg mixture. Mix well. Season to taste.
3. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until just set. Leave to cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove and cut into 8 slices.
4. Meanwhile, to make salsa, combine all salsa ingredients in a small bowl. Season to taste.
5 Serve slice with salsa on the side.
Tip: These are great for the kids' lunch boxes.