Chicken and Noodle Lettuce Cups
- fresh produce vermicelli , 250g
- 2 tsp vegetable or peanut oil
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 3 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 3 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 500g chicken mince
- 250g green beans, trimmed, cut into 3cm lengths
- 1 ½ Tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 1 ½ Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 12 iceberg lettuce leaves
- Coriander leaves, to garnish
1. Soak noodles in a large heatproof bowl of boiling water for 5 minutes. Stir to separate strands, then drain. Using kitchen scissors, snip into shorter lengths.
2. Meanwhile, heat a wok or large frying pan over a high heat. Add oil and swirl to coat the surface. Add spring onion and celery, and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until golden. Add chilli and ginger, and stir-fry for 1 minute more.
3. Add mince and cook for 5 minutes or until browned. Add beans and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until beans are tender. Add lemon or lime juice, fish sauce and sugar, and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until combined. Stir in noodles.
4. Place lettuce cups on plates. Fill with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with coriander and serve.
Tip: You can replace chicken mince with pork mince.