Salmon and Cucumber Sushi Slice
- 1 ½ cups sushi rice
- 1 ½ cups water, plus extra for rinsing
- ¼ cup sushi vinegar
- 3 sheets nori seaweed
- 1 lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 210g can pink salmon, drained, flaked
1. Rinse rice in cold water until the water runs clear. Drain. Place in a medium sized saucepan with 1 ½ cups of water. Bring to the boil, stirring. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 12 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat. Stand for 5 minutes without removing lid.
2. Drain rice, then spread evenly into a baking dish. Drizzle sushi vinegar over the hot rice. Using a flat spatula, slice through the rice to mix the vinegar through. Cover with a damp tea towel. Set aside to cool.
3. Line a 20 x 30cm slice pan with plastic food wrap, extending wrap over the sides. Cover base with 1 ½ sheets of the nori. Using damp hands, press half the rice evenly over nori.
4. Top with cucumber and salmon. Press remaining rice evenly over the salmon and cucumber and level the surface. Top with remaining nori and press down gently. Cover with plastic food wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until firm. Cut to serve.
Tip: These are great for the kids' lunch boxes.
*Check your sushi vinegar is gluten free