Watermelon and Pineapple Ice Blocks
- ²⁄₃ cup sugar
- ¾ cup water
- 800g seedless watermelon, skin removed, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 1 pineapple, skin and core removed, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp passionfruit pulp, strained so the seeds are removed
How to Zest, Peel and Segment Citrus
1. To make the sugar syrup, in a small saucepan, combine sugar and water over a medium heat. Cook stirring for 3 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Boil, without stirring for 1 minute. Leave to cool to room temperature.
2. Place watermelon in a blender and process until smooth. Press through a sieve into a jug, until you have 1 cup of juice. Discard the pulp. Combine watermelon juice with half the sugar syrup and half the lemon or lime juice. Strain through a fine sieve. Pour into ice block moulds so they are filled half way. Freeze for 2 hours or until solid.
3. Place pineapple in blender and process until smooth. Press through a sieve into a jug, until you have 1 cup of juice to use. Discard the pulp. Combine pineapple juice with remaining syrup, passionfruit pulp and remaining lemon or lime juice. Strain through fine sieve or strainer.
4. Remove moulds from freezer. Pour pineapple mixture into the moulds and insert sticks. Freeze for 2 hours or until ice blocks are solid.