Beef, Kumara and Haloumi Salad
- 600g kumara, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1/4 cup vegetable or rice bran oil
- Salt, to season
- 300g beef stir fry strips
- 1 Tbsp Moroccan seasoning
- 100g haloumi, cut into 1cm slices
- 420g can brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- 50g baby rocket leaves
- 1 medium red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
1. In a large frying pan, add kumara, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil, season with salt and toss to combine. Place frying pan over a medium heat, and cook, turning occasionally for 7-8 minutes, or until tender turning occasionally. Transfer to a large heatproof bowl.
2. In a medium bowl, combine beef and Moroccan seasoning in a separate medium bowl. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons of the oil and toss to combine. Place in the frying pan and cook over a high heat for 1-2 minutes each side, or until seared. Transfer to the bowl with kumara and cover with foil. Wipe pan clean.
3. Add haloumi to a frying pan and cook over a medium heat for 30 seconds on each side or until golden. Add haloumi, lentils, rocket and onion to kumara mixture.
4. Whisk remaining oil, lemon juice and garlic together. Add to salad and toss all ingredients to combine.
• Energy 3384Kj • Protein 49g • Total Fat 29g • Saturated Fat 8g • Carbohydrates 78g • Sugars 19g • Sodium 1102mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation