Beef, Kumara and Haloumi Salad
- 600g kumara, cut into 2cm pieces
- ¼ cup vegetable or rice bran oil
- Salt, to season
- 300g beef stir fry strips
- 1 Tbsp Moroccan seasoning
- 100g haloumi, cut into 1cm slices
- 420g can brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- 50g baby rocket leaves
- 1 medium red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
1. In a large frying pan add kumara, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil, season with salt and toss to combine. Place frying pan over a medium heat and cook turning the kumara for 7-8 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a large heatproof bowl.
2. Combine beef and Moroccan seasoning in a separate medium sized bowl. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons of oil and toss to combine. Place in the frying pan and cook over a high heat for 1-2 minutes each side or until seared. Transfer to the bowl with the kumara and cover with foil. Wipe pan clean.
3. Add haloumi to frying pan and cook over a medium heat for 30 seconds on each side or until golden. Add haloumi, lentils, rocket and onion to kumara mixture. Whisk remaining oil, lemon juice and garlic together. Add to salad and toss all ingredients to combine.
Tip: You could also use chicken strips instead of beef. Cooking time will vary.
*Check that your Moroccan seasoning is gluten free.