- ¼ cup icing sugar
- 1 bakery sponge cake
- 100ml Sherry or dessert wine
- 500ml custard
- Dark chocolate to garnish
1. Place 200g of the cherries and/or berries into a food processor with the icing sugar and blitz to combine. Strain through a sieve to remove the pips.
2. Spoon the puree into the base of 6 glasses. Break the sponge cake into 1cm bits and place a layer carefully over the purée, drizzle over some sherry or dessert wine, then spoon a layer of custard.
3. Cover and refrigerate until needed. Decorate the top with a few cherries and shaved dark chocolate.