Roasted Carrots & Green Bean Salad
- 600 g medium carrots, lightly peeled and cut into 4 lengthwise
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 350 g green beans, trimmed & steamed until tender
- 1 chip of cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- ½ cup picked coriander leaves, chopped
- ½ cup Fresh Life hazelnuts, toasted & roughly chopped
- ½ cup Fresh Life pepitas
- sour cream to dollop, optional
- Honey dressing:
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
• Preheat the oven to 200°C.
• Combine all the dressing ingredients in a small screw-top jar and shake well.
• Place the carrots on the lined tray, drizzle with oil and sprinkle over the cumin seeds. Toss to coat and place in the oven. Roast for 25-30 minutes until just tender.
• Remove carrots from the oven and place on a serving plate. Scatter around the green beans and cherry tomatoes.
• Drizzle over the dressing.
• Sprinkle with the fresh herbs, then the Fresh Life hazelnuts and pepitas.
• If using, dollop a little sour cream over the vegetables.