Apricot and Pistachio Stuffing
- 25g butter
- 2 medium onions, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 8 slices white bread
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup roughly chopped dried apricots
- ¾ cup pistachios, shelled and chopped
- ¼ cup chopped thyme
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced)
2. Heat the butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 8 minutes until softened. Place into a large bowl.
3. Blend the bread in a food processor to make breadcrumbs.
4. Add the breadcrumbs to the onion mixture with eggs, parsley, salt and pepper, apricots, pistachios, thyme, lemon zest and juice and mix well.
5. Roll in to golf ball sized balls, place on an oven tray and bake for 25 minutes.