Pork Sausage, Apple and Sage Stuffing
- 25g butter
- 2 medium onions, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 8 slices white bread
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 6 pork sausages
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, cut into 1cm cubes
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup chopped sage (or 2 tsp dried)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced)
2. Heat the butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, celery and garlic and cook for 8 minutes until softened. Place into a large bowl.
3. Soak the sausages in a bowl of cold water for 10 minutes. Peel off the skins and break into 2cm pieces.
4. Blend the bread in a food processor to make breadcrumbs.
5. Add the breadcrumbs and sausages to the onion mixture with eggs, parsley, salt and pepper, apple, lemon and sage, and mix well.
6. Place the mixture in to a greased loaf tin and bake for 20 minutes.