- Antipasto skewers:
- 2 chorizo sausages, thickly sliced
- 200g haloumi cheese, cut into 2cm cubes
- 280g marinated artichoke hearts, drained, halved
- 1 large red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 eggplants, cut in to 2cm pieces
- Cooking oil spray
- 12 bamboo skewers
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh Parmesan, grated
- 1 Tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
How to Clean your BBQ
1. Thread a piece of sausage, haloumi, artichoke, onion and eggplant on to each skewer. Spray skewers with cooking oil.
2. Preheat a barbecue to moderate heat. Cook skewers for 5-7 minutes or until browned, turning every few minutes.
3. To make pesto, blend basil, garlic, Parmesan and pine nuts in a food processor until finely chopped. Combine oil and lemon juice in a small bowl and while processor is going, gradually add to the basil mixture until pesto is almost smooth.
4. Serve antipasto skewers with pesto drizzled over the top.
Tip: Soak skewers in cold water 15 minutes before use to prevent them from burning when cooking.