Prawn, Courgette, Avocado, & Feta Salad
- 24 Sea Cuisine Raw Prawn Cutlets, defrosted
- 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 courgette
- 1 avocado
- 50ml balsamic vinaigrette
- 100g feta
- 2 cups salad leaves
- salt and pepper
1. To poach the prawns: Fill a large bowl halfway with ice and water. Choose a suitable pot to cook the prawns in, add the water to the pot, cut the lemon in half and squeeze one half into the water and then drop the squeezed lemon half into the pot with the garlic cloves, bring to a rapid boil.
Add the prawns to the pot, remove the pot from the heat, allow the prawns to poach for approximately 4 minutes or until the prawns are cooked through (firm and light pink).
?2. Once the prawns are cooked place them into the iced water to stop the cooking process, once cooled remove the prawns, pat dry & reserve for the salad.
3. Using a vegetable peeler or slicer cut long thin strips from the courgette.
4. Peel & cut the avocado into wedges, with the other half of the lemon dress the avocado with the juice to(to stop it from discolouring).
5. Assemble the salad, in a salad bowl or place, arrange the salad leaves with the courgette strips, avocado wedges and prawns. Crumble the feta over the top of the and dress with balsamic vinaigrette, season to taste.