Silver Fern Farms Beef New York Steaks with Sesame & Chilli butter
- 1 pack Silver Fern Farms beef New York strip steaks
- 2-3 cups cooking oil
- 1 sweet potato or kumara, peeled, thinly sliced with peeler
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 150g butter, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 red chillies, seeds removed, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped herbs like, chives, parsley, or basil etc.
- 1 Tbsp grated lemon zest
1. Remove the Silver Fern Farms Beef New York Strip Steaks from the fridge and packaging. Season with freshly cracked pepper and 1 teaspoon olive oil. Allow to rest at room temperature for 10 minutes. Salt the meat just prior to cooking.
2. Heat a saucepan half filled with oil. Fry the sweet potato, until golden brown and crispy. Drain on paper towel, season with salt.
3. Mix butter in a bowl with the sesame seeds, chilli, herbs and lemon zest. Mix well. Spoon onto a piece of plastic wrap, roll up and place in the fridge, to firm up.
4. Heat a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat. Cook the Silver Fern Farms Beef New York Strip Steaks for 2-3 minutes each side. Rest for 5 minutes before serving.
To serve, arrange the Silver Fern Farms Beef New York Strip Steaks with vegetable crisps, salad greens, sesame & chilli butter and lime wedges.