Silver Fern Farms Beef Eye-Fillet Steaks with Mediterranean Salsa, Cherry Tomatoes & Baby Potatoes
- 1 Silver Fern Farms beef eye-fillet steaks pack
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, plus extra to serve
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Mediterranean salsa
- 20 green olives, pitted
- 2 anchovy fillets, optional
- 2 Tbsp capers, drained
- 2 Tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 200 g vine ripened cherry tomatoes
- 1 cos lettuce, cut into quarters
1. Remove the Silver Fern Farms Beef Eye Fillet Steaks from the fridge and packaging. Season with freshly cracked pepper and 1 teaspoon olive oil. Allow to rest at room temperature for 10 minutes. Salt the meat just prior to cooking.
2. Roughly chop half of the basil leaves and place in the olive oil with the garlic. Leave to infuse for 5 minutes.
3. To make Mediterranean salsa roughly chop the olives with the anchovies, capers, remaining basil leaves and parsley. Place in a bowl, add lemon juice and pour in half of the basil oil. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
4. Heat a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat. Cook the Silver Fern Farms Beef Eye Fillet Steaks for 2-3 minutes each side. Remove, drizzle with basil oil and allow to rest for five minutes, covered with foil. In the same frying pan turn the heat to medium low and toss the tomatoes in the pan, until the skins are just beginning to split. Toss with a little basil oil.
To serve: Silver Fern Farms Beef Eye Fillet Steaks with blistered tomatoes and basil leaves, drizzle with basil olive oil. Accompany with Mediterranean salsa, cos lettuce and baby potatoes.