Silver Fern Farms Beef Stir-fry Asian Noodle Bowl
- 1 pack Silver Fern Farms beef stir-fry
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 3 cm piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 2 Tbsp chopped or grated ginger
- 2 Tbsp sweet soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp miso paste
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 200g buckwheat soba noodles
- 5 cups beef stock
- ½ cup light soy sauce or ponzu sauce, plus extra for pan*
- 2 garlic cloves, whole
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 20g dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked and sliced
1. Remove Silver Fern Farms Beef Stir-Fry from fridge and packaging. Season with freshly cracked pepper and 1 teaspoon olive oil. Allow to rest at room temperature for 10 minutes.
2. Mix together the grated ginger, sweet soy sauce, miso, sugar and 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl.
3. Heat a saucepan of water to the boil. Cook noodles for 4 minutes, until tender. Drain. Refresh in warm water.
4. Heat stock in a large pot with soy sauce, sliced ginger, garlic, and spring onions. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to allow to simmer. Add lemon juice.
5. Heat a wok or frying pan on a medium to high heat. Add remaining oil and coat the pan. Cook the slices of shiitake mushrooms first, set aside. Drop pieces of the Silver Fern Farms Beef Stir-Fry into the wok, cook all sides for 2-3 minutes until browned. Add sweet soy sauce mix and quickly toss to coat the meat. When heated through remove from pan and allow to rest for 3 minutes before serving.
6. Place a serving of noodles in four bowls. Top with Silver Fern Farms Beef Stif-Fry and shitake mushrooms. Garnish with steamed Asian greens, edamame beans, chilli, spring onions, cucumber strips and lemon wedges. Pour over the simmering ginger broth and serve hot.
To serve, steamed Asian greens like bok choy, steamed edamame beans, sliced chilli, spring onions, thin cucumber strips and lemon wedges.