Silver Fern Farms Beef Stir-fry Asian Noodle Bowl
- 1 Silver Fern Farms beef stir-fry pack
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 3 cm piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 2 Tbsp chopped or grated ginger
- 2 Tbsp sweet soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp miso paste
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 200 g buckwheat soba noodles
- 5 cups beef stock
- ½ cup light soy sauce or ponzu sauce, plus extra for pan*
- 2 garlic cloves, whole
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 20 g dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked and sliced
1. Remove Silver Fern Farms Beef Stir-Fry from fridge and packaging. Season with freshly cracked pepper and 1 teaspoon olive oil. Allow to rest at room temperature for 10 minutes.
2. Mix together the grated ginger, sweet soy sauce, miso, sugar and 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl.
3. Heat a saucepan of water to the boil. Cook noodles for 4 minutes, until tender. Drain. Refresh in warm water.
4. Heat stock in a large pot with soy sauce, sliced ginger, garlic, and spring onions. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to allow to simmer. Add lemon juice.
5. Heat a wok or frying pan on a medium to high heat. Add remaining oil and coat the pan. Cook the slices of shiitake mushrooms first, set aside. Drop pieces of the Silver Fern Farms Beef Stir-Fry into the wok, cook all sides for 2-3 minutes until browned. Add sweet soy sauce mix and quickly toss to coat the meat. When heated through remove from pan and allow to rest for 3 minutes before serving.
6. Place a serving of noodles in four bowls. Top with Silver Fern Farms Beef Stif-Fry and shitake mushrooms. Garnish with steamed Asian greens, edamame beans, chilli, spring onions, cucumber strips and lemon wedges. Pour over the simmering ginger broth and serve hot.
To serve: steamed Asian greens like bok choy, steamed edamame beans, sliced chilli, spring onions, thin cucumber strips and lemon wedges.