Christmas Oat Biscuits
- 100g butter
- 2 Tbsp golden syrup
- 1/2 cup raw brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp boiling water
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup mixed seeds (e.g. sesame, sunflower)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup white chocolate drops
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease and line 2 baking trays.
2. In a large saucepan, melt butter with the golden syrup and sugar over a low heat. Once the butter has melted, remove from the heat and set aside.
3. Dissolve the baking soda in the boiling water. Add to the saucepan along with the flour, coconut, oats, seeds and cranberries, and stir until thoroughly mixed.
4. Place tablespoonfuls of the mixture onto a baking tray, allowing enough room between for them to spread. Flatten gently with a fork.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
6. Meanwhile, melt chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl on high, for 20 - 30 seconds. Stir, then repeat
7. When cool, spread one half of the biscuit with the white chocolate.
8. Store in an airtight container, or use a jar and decorate with a ribbon if using as gifts.