- 20g butter
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 1/2 Tbsp plain flour
- 1/2 cup cream or milk
- 1 tsp pesto
- 12 store-bought mini vol-au-vent cases
- Basil leaves to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 170°C (150°C fan-forced).
2. Melt the butter in a large frying pan over a high heat. Add the spring onions and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes until onions and mushrooms are soft.
3. Sprinkle over the flour and stir through. Slowly stir through the cream or milk and continue cooking until the sauce thickens slightly. Add the pesto, salt and pepper to taste. Keep mixture warm while prepping the cases.
4. Place the vol-au-vent cases onto a baking tray and bake for 8 minutes to warm through.
5. Remove from the oven, transfer to a serving platter and spoon some of the mushroom filling into each. Garnish with a basil leaf and serve immediately.