- 20g butter
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 1/2 Tbsp plain flour
- 1/2 cup cream or milk
- 1 tsp pesto
- 12 store-bought vol-au-von cases
- Basil leaves to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 170°C (150°C fan-forced).
2. Melt the butter in a frying pan. Add the spring onions and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes until onions and mushrooms are soft.
3. Sprinkle over the flour and stir through. Slowly stir through the cream and continue cooking until the sauce thickens slightly. Add the pesto, salt and pepper to taste.
4. Place the vol-au-von cases onto a baking tray and warm through for 8 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and spoon some of the mushroom filling in each and garnish with a basil leaf.