Quick Eggs Benedict
- 8 bacon rashers, rind removed
- 1.5L water
- 4 eggs
- 4 English muffins, split
- 20g butter
- Store-bought hollandaise sauce
1. Cook bacon under a hot grill for 3 minutes each side, or until crisp.
2. Heat 1.5L of water in a deep frying pan over a medium heat, until simmering gently. Break each egg into a cup and carefully slide the egg from the cup into the water. Cook for 3 minutes, until eggs are just set. Meanwhile, lightly toast the English muffins in the toaster or under the grill.
3. To serve, lightly butter each muffin, top with 2 rashers of bacon and 1 poached egg. Spoon over hollandaise sauce and serve with muffin top on the side.
Tip: Use eggs which are as fresh as possible, as fresh eggs have plump whites that cling to the yolk. This makes them perfect for poaching as the whites hold together perfectly.