Roasted Kumara and Rocket Salad
- 600g gold / orange kumara, cut into chunks
- 2 Tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 250g green beans, halved diagonally
- 1/2 cup Greek-style natural yoghurt
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest, plus 1 Tbsp juice
- 200g baby rocket leaves
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place kumara in a bowl. Add oil, cumin, ground coriander and garlic. Toss to combine. Place on prepared baking tray and bake for 20 minutes or until golden and tender. Leave to cool.
3. Meanwhile, blanch beans in a saucepan of boiling water until bright green and crisp. Rinse under cold water and drain well.
4. To make the dressing, combine yoghurt, lemon zest and juice in a bowl. Mix well.
5. Arrange rocket, kumara and beans in a shallow serving bowl. Drizzle dressing over the salad and top with coriander leaves.
Tip: This salad is also nice with pumpkin instead of kumara.