Lentil, Bean and Beetroot Salad
- 150g baby potatoes, quartered
- 200g green beans, halved lengthways
- 100g packet baby salad leaves
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
- 850g can baby beetroot, drained, halved
- 420g can lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable or olive oil
- 1 tsp horseradish sauce
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan
1. Place potatoes in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Add beans and microwave for 2 minutes more or until just soft. Leave to cool then transfer to a large mixing bowl.
2. Add salad leaves, walnuts, beetroot and lentils to the potato and beans. Gently toss to combine.
3. Whisk lemon juice, oil and horseradish in a small jug. Season to taste. Pour over the salad and gently mix through. Serve salad topped with Parmesan.
Tip: You could also use chickpeas or any type of canned beans, such as kidney or butter beans, instead of lentils.