Oven Baked Salmon with Salsa Verde
- 750g boneless salmon fillet, skin on
- 1 lemon, zested, then thinly sliced, plus extra wedges to serve
- 2 cups parsley, plus extra to serve
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup drained baby gherkins
- 2 Tbsp capers, drained
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Salt and pepper
How to de-bone Salmon
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line a large, shallow oven tray with baking paper.
2. Place salmon skin-side down onto the tray.
3. Zest one of the lemons and then thinly slice. Reserve the other lemon for serving.
4. In a small food processor blend parsley, oil, gherkins, 1 tablespoon of capers, mustard, vinegar, garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper until well combined. Set aside.
5. Arrange sliced lemon and remaining capers over the salmon. Season.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes until just cooked through.
7. Serve immediately, drizzled with half the salsa verde, extra lemon wedges and the remaining salsa verde in a bowl on the side.
• Energy 1933Kj • Protein 18g • Total Fat 42g • Saturated Fat 8g • Carbohydrates 3g • Sugars 3g • Sodium 463mg
Dietary and Nutritional information info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation