Maple, Mustard and Orange Glazed Ham
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp finely grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp English mustard
- 4 1/2 kg half leg ham with rind on
- 50 cloves
- Salad greens, to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place juice, zest, maple syrup, sugar and mustards in a medium-sized saucepan over a high heat and whisk to combine. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes until thickened, stirring occasionally.
3. Remove rind from the ham by pushing your fingers in between the meat and the rind, leaving a generous covering of fat on the meat. Pull rind back as you continue to work over the meat. Cut off at the bone and discard. Score fat diagonally and stud each diamond with cloves.
4. Place ham onto a lined baking tray and brush liberally with glaze. Bake for 25 minutes, brush with remaining glaze and return to the oven for another 20 to 30 minutes until golden brown.
5. Transfer ham to a serving platter and decorate with salad greens. Can be served hot or cold.