Raspberry Melting Moments
- 250g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup cornflour, sifted
- Raspberry butter cream
- 90g unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1 Tbsp raspberry jam
- Raspberry icing
- 45g raspberries
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
1. Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced). Line baking trays with baking paper.
2. Beat butter, vanilla extract and icing sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
3. Stir in flour and cornflour, in two batches. With floured hands, roll rounded teaspoons of mixture into balls and place about 2 ½ cm apart on baking trays.
4. Flatten slightly with a floured fork. Bake for about 15 minutes, then leave to cool on the trays.
5. Meanwhile, to make raspberry butter cream, beat butter and icing sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Fold in the jam, for a marbled effect.
6. To make the raspberry icing, push raspberries through a fine sieve into a small bowl discarding the seeds. Stir through the icing sugar.
7. Sandwich biscuits together with raspberry butter cream and top with raspberry icing.
Tip: Keep the biscuits in an airtight container for up to two weeks. Sandwich together and ice a day or two before gifting.