- Oil, for greasing
- 60g butter, softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup plain flour, sifted, plus extra for kneading
- 2 bacon slices (rind removed), finely chopped
3 ways to seperate eggs
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).Oil oven trays and line with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, beat butter, egg yolk, flour and half of the cheese in a small bowl with an electric mixer until it comes together. Knead dough on a floured surface until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cook bacon in a small frying pan over a medium-high heat until browned and crisp. Drain on a paper towel and leave to cool.
4. Roll dough on a floured surface until 3mm thick. Cut into 40 rounds using a 4cm cookie cutter or rim of a small glass. Place 3cm apart on the oven tray. Combine bacon and remaining cheese and press the bacon and cheese gently on to the biscuit.
5. Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Leave to cool on trays.
Tip: Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.