- 125g butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup finely grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour, sifted
- Flour, for kneading
- sesame seeds, to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix butter and cheeses with an electric mixer until well combined. Add 1 egg and mix well.
3. Add flour, and season with salt and pepper. Fold with a large metal spoon, until dough just comes together.
4. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth. Shape into a 2cm thick log. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour, until firm.
5. Remove dough from plastic wrap and roll out between two sheets of baking paper until it is 4mm thick. Cut out biscuits using a 5cm cookie cutter. Place on prepared trays. Re-roll off-cuts to cut out more biscuits and not waste any mixture.
6. Lightly beat remaining egg. Brush each biscuit with egg, then scatter over the sesame seeds.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden. Leave to cool on trays for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.