Chocolate Date Mousse
- 400ml can coconut cream
- 200g dried pitted dates
- 2 cups warm water
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Strawberries, to serve
1. Refrigerate the coconut cream in the can for at least 4 hours, or overnight. This helps the mixture whip up to a thicker, creamier consistency.
2. Soak the dates in warm water for 10 minutes, then drain.
3. Coarsely chop the dates and place in a food processor. Add the chilled coconut cream and process until well mixed.
4. Add the cocoa powder and vanilla extract, and blend together for 1-2 minutes or until it’s as smooth and creamy as possible – there will still be tiny flecks of date.
5. Divide the mousse between 4 glasses or ramekins and chill for 2 hours, to set.
6. Decorate with strawberries, to serve.
Tip: For a new flavour, replace the cocoa with the melted milk chocolate and fold through 1/4 cup roughly chopped toasted almonds.