Chilli, Tofu and Vegetable Kebabs
- 1 red chilli
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped dill
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 300g firm tofu, drained
- 1 large red onion
- 2 medium courgettes
- 1 capsicum
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 12 button mushrooms
- 12 bamboo skewers
How to Clean your BBQ
1. Discard seeds from the chilli and chop finely.
2. Place oil, rind, juice, herbs, garlic and chopped chilli in a screw-top jar. Shake well and set aside.
3. Cut tofu, onion, courgettes, and capsicum into 12 even-sized pieces.
4. Thread a piece of tofu, onion, courgette, capsicum, tomato and mushroom onto a bamboo skewer. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Heat a BBQ or grill plate to a high heat and cook the kebabs, brushing with half the oil mixture, until vegetables are browned on both sides and just tender, turning only once as the tofu is delicate and breaks easily.
6. Serve kebabs with remaining oil mixture on the side.