Chilli, Tofu and Vegetable Kebabs
- 1 red chilli
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped dill
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 300g firm tofu, drained
- 1 large red onion
- 2 medium courgettes
- 1 capsicum
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 6 button mushrooms
- 12 bamboo skewers
1. Discard seeds from the chilli and chop finely.
2. Place oil, lemon rind, juice, herbs, garlic and chilli in a screw-top jar. Shake well and set aside.
3. Cut onion and capsicum into 12 even-sized pieces. Cut tofu and courgettes into 24 even-sized pieces
4. Thread a piece of capsicum, onion, tomato, mushroom and two pieces of tofu and courgette on to each skewer, alternating ingredients as you go. Repeat with remaining skewers. Season to taste.
5. Heat a barbecue or grill plate to a high heat and cook the kebabs. Brush with half the oil mixture, and cook until vegetables are browned on both sides and just tender, turning only once as the tofu breaks easily.
6. Serve kebabs with remaining oil mixture on the side.
Tip: Soak skewers in cold water for 15 minutes before using to prevent them from burning on the grill.