Beetroot and Apple salad
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- Pinch of salt
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Juice from 1 orange
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 cups grated beetroot
- 3 medium Granny Smith apples, quartered and thinly sliced
- Small handful of fresh coriander
1. Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Toast pumpkin seeds, keeping them moving, until puffed up and slightly and coloured – about 5 minutes. Drain on a paper towel and sprinkle with salt.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the olive oil with the citrus juices. Add the beetroot and apples, and three-quarters of the seeds. Toss well.
3. Top with the remaining seeds and coriander, then serve.